Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Foreign Graduates

Who qualifies as a foreign pharmacy graduate in the state of Wyoming?

    • All students who received their pharmacy degree at a recognized school of pharmacy outside of the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico. This includes citizens of the United States that received their degree in a different country. Foreign nationals who completed their education in the United States or graduated from an ACPE accredited school are not considered to be foreign pharmacy graduates.

How can a foreign pharmacy graduate become a registered pharmacist in the state of Wyoming?

All foreign pharmacy graduates must obtain a FPGEC certificate issued by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduation Education Committee. Certification requires:

    • Verification of education equivalency of a foreign applicant's pharmacy education
    • An applicant's licensure or registration as a pharmacist outside the United States.
    • Passing the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE)
    • Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher on the paper based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 213 or higher on the computer-based TOEFL
    • 50 or higher on the Test of Spoken English (TSE)
    • Or in lieu of the TOEFL AND TSE, obtaining an acceptable score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT), with minimal scores of: 18 for listening, 21 for reading, 26 for speaking, and 24 for writing.

All graduates, including foreign pharmacy graduates, must also complete the following:

    • Complete a "Pharmacist Licensure by Examination" application including fees and fingerprints.
    • Pass the NAPLEX with a minimum score of 75
    • Pass the MPJE for Wyoming with a minimum score of 75
    • Have 1200 hours of practical experience as a licensed pharmacy intern
    • Complete all requirements within 2 years of the date of application
    • Meet requirements of W.S. 33-24-116