Continuing Education for Technicians
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN REGULATIONS - CHAPTER 10
Section 11. Pharmacy Technician Continuing Education Requirements.
- Every pharmacy technician seeking renewal of a pharmacy technician license shall complete, during each calendar year, six (6) contact hours of approved, continuing pharmacy education programs to be applied to the upcoming renewal year. Each person renewing their pharmacy technician license shall indicate on the renewal application the number of contact hours of continuing education programs from approved continuing education providers that have been completed.
- Excess continuing education hours may not be carried forward to subsequent years.
- Pharmacy technicians are required to maintain certificates of completion of approved continuing education programs for two years from the date of reporting the contact hours on a license renewal application.
Section 12. Continuing Education Audits.
- The board shall randomly select submitted renewal application forms for audit and verification of reported continuing education contact hours.
- Upon written request by the board, a pharmacy technician shall provide to the board copies of certificates of completion for all continuing education contact hours reported during a specified license period. Failure to provide all requested records or failing to provide continuing education certificates from approved continuing education providers as specified in this Chapter constitutes prima facie evidence of knowingly submitting false or misleading information to the board for the renewal of a license and may subject the pharmacy technician to disciplinary action by the board.
Section 13. Pharmacy Technician Approved Continuing Education Providers.
The following are acceptable providers of continuing education for pharmacy technicians and may be submitted to the Board for proof of meeting the continuing education requirement as specified in Chapter 10, Section 11:
- Pharmacist supervisor at place of employment, utilizing a format for documentation developed by the Board of Pharmacy Staff;
- Continuing education hours approved by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (P.T.C.B.);
- Continuing education hours approved by The American Pharmaceutical Association (A.Ph.A.);
- Continuing education hours of providers of continuing education accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (A.C.P.E.);
- Continuing education hours presented by the Wyoming Pharmacists Association (W.Ph.A.).