Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
Process for pharmacies to start reporting
As required by the State of Wyoming Controlled Substance Act, Chapter 8, Section 6, (b):
“ The resident/nonresident retail pharmacy or practitioner dispenser shall ensure that, not later than close of business on the business day immediately following the day the controlled substance was dispensed, the information required pursuant to this Chapter is transmitted to the Board or its agent “
both resident and non-resident pharmacies are required to transmit this information to the Board’s current agent Atlantic Associates.
Newly licensed pharmacies in Wyoming need to request an information packet from our vendor, Atlantic Associates, in order to set up reporting.
· There are no waivers.
· As required by the State of Wyoming Controlled Substance Act, Chapter 8, Section 6, (b), both resident and non-resident pharmacies are required to transmit this information to the Board’s vendor Atlantic Associates.
· Timely reporting by pharmacies is critical for the success of this program.
· The pharmacy is responsible for working with its software vendor and updating its software to allow transmission of required information to Atlantic Associates every 24 hours or at the end of the next business day.
· Atlantic Associates has a secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP) site available for those pharmacies having problems transmitting data.
· While not mandatory in Wyoming, non-resident registered pharmacies that do not dispense controlled substances into Wyoming could file a zero report with Atlantic Associates.
For software, data transfer, and any other issue with the reporting process:
8030 S. Willow St., Bldg. 3, #5A
Manchester, NH 03103
For questions regarding profiles, data, and any other issues with the reports:
Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy